More than half of the seniors cared for by COPC physicians believe Medicare Advantage plans are the best choice. As they learn more and see their physician and care team, they have come to appreciate the additional benefits and services that are included with these plans. COPC senior patients are entitled to more services, through the COPC Senior Care Advantage program.
Unlike most Medicare Advantage plans, where the extra clinical coordination services that are provided by the health plan can seem disorganized and challenging to navigate, patients enrolled in the COPC Senior Care Advantage program receive a higher level of coordination and clinical services provided by their COPC primary care physician’s team–the team that they already know and trust. The patient’s team has full access to their history of care, medical records, medications, their special needs and requests.
Nowhere else in Ohio is this model of care available to patients.
Enrolling in COPC Senior Care Advantage is Easy
- Patients turning 65 years of age are eligible to select a Medicare Advantage plan. Upon identifying your COPC primary care physician, you are automatically enrolled in the COPC Senior Care Advantage program. First-time Medicare beneficiaries have what is called an Initial Enrollment Period. This period starts three months prior to your 65th birthday, includes your birth month, and extends three months after your birth month. It’s important to enroll during this time. If you do not enroll during the Initial Enrollment Period, you may incur late fees or have to wait until the General Enrollment Period between January 1 to March 31 of the following year.
- Patients who have previously turned 65 and opted for coverage through traditional Medicare, can select Medicare Advantage coverage every year during the Medicare Annual Election Period, which runs from October 15 – December 7th.
- If you are interested in learning more about the COPC Senior Care Advantage program or securing a referral to a licensed insurance agent who frequently works with COPC patients and who can discuss your Medicare coverage options with you, please contact the COPC Senior Care Advantage Medicare Advisor at MedicareInfo@COPCAdvantage.com.
Benefits of COPC Senior Care Advantage
COPC’s vision is to provide a responsive, seamless model of care for their senior patients and the COPC Senior Care Advantage program includes the following benefits:
- Comprehensive wellness exam is performed annually for all COPC Senior Care Advantage patients to ensure a complete, accurate and updated assessment of the patient’s medical conditions and social support needs.
- Access to COPC Senior Care Advantage Innovative Diabetes Management program and COPD program. Visit our unique model of care page.
Access to a high level of service, through Transitions of Care nurses, for patients who are hospitalized and need a well planned and comfortable transition back home.
- Access to a team of social workers and care coordinators who will assist your COPC primary care doctor in providing you with the best care to keep you living as healthy, safe and independent life as possible. Patients needing extra assistance with newly diagnosed or complex medical conditions, recent hospitalizations, concerns with balance or recent falls, multiple medications, or challenges with increased fatigue, memory loss, bathing, shopping, or nutrition may benefit from these services.
- Unique to this program is the fact that COPC physicians have access to the costs and outcomes for all of your health care, not just the care provided by your COPC physician. This allows your COPC primary care physician to help you make more informed decisions about the specialists you choose, test and procedures and identifying the best location for the healthcare services you need.
- Our SameDay Centers deliver excellent care that’s a cut above the typical Emergency Room and Urgent Care experience. By choosing one of our SameDay Centers, you can be seen after traditional hours or when your regular physician is unable to see you that same day. Click here for more information.